Sunday, January 13, 2008

Puppy loss may help educate others

The Charlotte Sun Herald ran this story a few days ago about a family that purchased a puppy as a gift for Christmas from a pet store, paying more than $1000. Unfortunately, the puppy ended up dying of what is believed to be Parvo, a virus (pictured at right) that attacks the lining of the intestines. The article quotes the family's attorney and discusses the possible application of Florida's animal sales law to situations where people end up with a sick animal.

Kudos go to the family, who are moving forward and volunteering with the Sarasota County Humane Society. When the timing is right, they say they will adopt their next dog.

No comments: