- Collar cuts deep - Tethered dogs' collars can damage neck.
- Greyhound racing ends at Tampa track.
- Pit bull pup receives risky blood transfusion.
- Family Says Flea Market Merchants Sold Sick Puppy Illegally.
- Shark bites college student.
- Wild coyote rescued from bridge.
- Crocodile kills family pet.
- Capybara dies at zoo after apparently being attacked by adult hippopatomus.
- Killer dog in custody of county.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
At one month, I'm happy to report that readership and e-mails continue to grow. In what hopefully will become a regular occurrence, here's the first weekly roundup of animal related items from around the state. Most, if not all, have an animal law angle that will be addressed at some point, even if it isn't in connection with these specific stories. As always, feel free to submit items of interest at the contact e-mail: